Project assignment 5. Due Tuesday May 6 at midnight
User login and authentication; additional features; finalizing the
For user login and authentication you need to
implement the following using sessions:
- User login: a way for the user to log in. It may be a separate
page or a form on the side of a page. Check the password against the
one stored in the database. If
the passwords match, display the user's
name on each page to make it easier for the user to see whether they
are logged in.
- People don't need to be logged in to read the blog, but only
logged in users should be able to post and comment.
- When a user posts a post or a comment, their name must be filled
- Log out - allow the user to log out. At that point the session
information should be destroyed.
Technical details: use the examples of sessions and password checking
are used by session functions
Every team of two students needs to have 2 extra features completed for this project submission. A group of three has to have three featueres, at least one of them related the database.
Please clearly explain your additional features in
your submission e-mail.
More ideas for extra features:
- Allow posts to be private ('private' is a possible
value of post_status in wp_posts). Private posts should
only be displayed to users who are logged in.
- Upon login show a user links to the last few comments to his/her posts
This page is a part of CSci 1101
course web site.
The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of the page author. The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Minnesota.