Project assignment 4. Due Thursday, May 4 at 10pm.
For this part of the project you need to implement sessions and
authentication. More specifically, you need to implement the
- User log in: a way for the user to log in. It may be a separate
page or a form on the side of a page. Check the password against the
one stored in the database. If the passwords match, display the user's
name on each page to make it easier for the user to see whether they
are logged in (you need sessions for that).
- People don't need to be logged in to read the blog, but only
logged in users should be able to post and comment.
- When a user posts a post or a comment, their name must be filled
All groups of at least two people are required to implement
at least one additional feature (of your choice) for the final
installment. A group of three has to implement three additional
features. Some ideas were given in the previous assignment. Here
are more choices:
If you have other ideas for additional features, please run them by me
first to make sure that they are at the right level.
- Allow posts to be private ('private' is a possible
value of post_status in wp_posts). Private posts should
only be displayed to users who are logged in.
- Implement search on all posts and/or comments by a specific user.
This page is a part of CSci 1101
course web site.
The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of the page author. The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Minnesota.